Thursday, April 22, 2021, FNSB Operational Closure: Animal Shelter
The FNSB Animal Shelter was closed tonight at 5:30 pm due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19. All Animal Shelter employees were sent home, and immediate measures were taken to begin a close contact investigation and begin the deep cleaning of the facility.
The facility will remain closed through Monday, April 26, 2021. The facility is expected to reopen on Tuesday, April 27, for stray redemption and other appointments.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR THE PUBLIC:
- ALL regular services are paused and will not occur during the closure, including adoptions, vaccinations, micro-chipping, or returns of stray animals during this closure.
- Stray times will be extended, and board will be waived for forced closure days so as not to unfairly penalize owners with animals that have been impounded before the closure.
- No stray animals or owner surrenders will be accepted through the drop-off kennels.
- Drop-off kennels will be locked during the closure.
- If possible, please hold on to stray animals. You are encouraged to post stray animal photos on the lost animal Facebook page so that they hopefully can be returned to their owners.
- Please keep your animals contained and at home.
- Animal owners are encouraged to hold onto animals they may want to surrender during this time until the shelter reopens.
- The Animal Shelter voicemail will not be monitored during this closure; however, Facebook will be monitored as time allows.
All members of the public and FNSB employees are required to avoid the facility. Borough employees are encouraged to call the employee hotline for updated information on the operational status.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this time. It is our goal to keep all members of the public, Borough employees, and animals safe and healthy.
Operational updates will be provided as needed.