Stay Connected with Administrative Hearings
Participating in Administrative Hearings During COVID-19
- Administrative Hearings are currently being conducted via Zoom.
- Sign up for telephonic participation remains available by completing the form on this webpage or by calling the Department of Community Planning at 907-459-1260.
- These procedures are subject to change. Please check this page often and prior to attending an Administrative Hearing meeting.
How to Listen to Administrative Hearings
There are 2 ways to listen to Planning Commission meetings:
Administrative Hearing is using Zoom to conduct its meetings. Citizens can access the Zoom participation information from the meeting agenda.
All Administrative Hearing meetings are live-streamed through FNSB Live Webcasts.
How to Obtain Agendas
Agendas are available online at least 10 days prior to a meeting. Visit the Agenda Center to view, download, or print the agenda.
Paper copies of agendas and meeting packets are available on meeting days at the front entrance of the JHAC or in the main lobby on the first floor if the facility is open to the public.
How to Provide Testimony
Written testimony for quasi-judicial hearing items may be submitted by calling the Department of Community Planning at 907-459-1260.
The deadline for submittal of the application and testimony is the Monday of the week prior to the hearing date. The Hearing Officer will determine whether written testimony on a quasi-judicial item will be accepted.
To submit written testimony for legislative or public hearing items, you may submit your comments by sending an email to email@example.com
Telephonic Testimony During Regular Meetings
To sign up for telephonic testimony, call the Department of Community Planning Office at 907-459-1260.
To complete the form, enter your first and last name, email address, phone number for the Clerk to call you during the meeting if needed, and subject. Subjects are:
- Citizens Comments A
- Citizens Comments B
- A specific public hearing item.
What to Expect When Testifying Telephonically
Public testimony will be heard from citizens in the order in which they have signed up. The Clerk will call those citizens who have signed up to testify at the phone number provided when it is their turn to speak. Please note: If you do not answer the phone we will move to the next person on list. Once you are placed into the meeting the Hearing Officer will ask that you state your name, spell your last name, and provide your neighborhood or place of residence for the record, a sworn oath may be required, and then your 3 minutes will begin.
- Through Zoom, the Clerk will use an out-of-state number to connect you to the meeting (if necessary).
- Once you answer, you will be asked to press the number 1 to join the meeting.
- If you are listening to the meeting on another device or in a room with another audio device with speakers, move away from that device or turn it off when it is your turn to speak.
- Wait to be called on by the Commission Chair before you speak.