Stay Connected with the Planning Commission
Participating in Planning Commission Meetings During COVID-19
- Planning Commission meetings are currently being conducted via Zoom.
- Sign up for telephonic participation remains available by completing the form on this webpage or by calling the Department of Community Planning at 907-459-1260.
- These procedures are subject to change. Please check this page often and prior to attending a Planning Commission meeting or work session.
How to Listen to Planning Commission Meetings
There are 2 ways to listen to Planning Commission meetings:
The Planning Commission is using Zoom to conduct its meetings. Citizens can access the Zoom participation information from the meeting agenda.
All Planning Commission meetings are live-streamed through FNSB Live Webcasts.
How to Obtain Agendas
Agendas are available online at least 10 days prior to a meeting. Visit the Agenda Center to view, download, or print the agenda.
How to Provide Testimony
Written testimony for quasi-judicial hearing items may be submitted by completing the Testimony by Affidavit application or by requesting a paper application by calling the Department of Community Planning at 907-459-1260.
The deadline for submittal of the application and testimony is the Monday of the week prior to the hearing date. The Commission Chair will determine whether written testimony on a quasi-judicial item will be accepted.
To submit written testimony for legislative or public hearing items, you may submit your comments by sending an email to email@example.com
Telephonic Testimony During Regular Meetings
To sign up for telephonic testimony, complete the sign-up form for Telephonic Testimony or call the Department of Community Planning Office at 907-459-1260.
To complete the form, enter your first and last name, email address, phone number for the Clerk to call you during the meeting if needed, and subject. Subjects are:
- Citizens Comments A
- Citizens Comments B
- A specific public hearing item.
What to Expect When Testifying Telephonically
- Through Zoom, the Clerk will use an out-of-state number to connect you to the meeting (if necessary).
- Once you answer, you will be asked to press the number 1 to join the meeting.
- If you are listening to the meeting on another device or in a room with another audio device with speakers, move away from that device or turn it off when it is your turn to speak.
- Wait to be called on by the Commission Chair before you speak.