- 6:30 pm
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Noel Wien Public Library
1215 Cowles Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View the Sustainability Commission members (PDF).
Established by ordinance under Chapter 4.92, the purpose of the commission is to provide leadership to ensure a secure and sustainable community development that maximizes public health, safety, self-reliance and welfare within the powers of the borough; and to lead a public process to identify sustainability goals for the borough and select metrics for monitoring progress toward meeting those goals. The commission is tasked with making recommendations to the mayor and assembly regarding how to support or improve those efforts and annually report to the mayor and assembly at the end of January on the progress made for the previous year.
- 07-20-2018 Recycling Strategic Plan (PDF)
- 2012 Recycling Survey Results (PDF)
- 2015 Composting Feasibility Study (PDF)
- 2015 PDC Recycling Plan and Analysis (PDF)
- 2018 Commission Statement on Commercial Recycling Fees (PDF)
- 2018 Sustainability Liaisons (PDF)
- 2018 Sustainability Plan (PDF)
- Resolution 2018-001 Recommending the Purchase of a Horizontal Baler at the Central Recycling Facility (PDF)
- Resolution 2018-002 Supporting Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Ordinance 2018-12 Regarding Urban Agriculture (PDF)
- Resolution 2019-01 a Resolution Supporting HB 81, An Act Prohibiting Disposable Plastic Shopping Bags (PDF)
- Resolution 2019-02 A Resolution Calling for Action on the Climate Change Crisis (PDF)
- Sustainability Commission Members (PDF)