Trails Advisory Commission
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventory and review the current trails within the Borough and make recommendations to the Mayor concerning present and future needs.
- Review all state and Borough land disposals and make recommendations to the Mayor in regards to trail needs and trail routing.
- To provide a forum for citizen input into the trails assessments and needs for the Borough and to advise the Mayor of these findings.
- To encourage public and private subdividers to incorporate a trail system where needed on a voluntary basis. Such trails will be laid out following property boundaries, section lines, and public rights-of-way.
- The trails commission shall replace the duties of the Parks and Recreation Commission in regards to trails and the Borough trail system;
- The Trails Advisory Commission shall work within the parameters of the Fairbanks North Star Borough policy on recreation trails, and shall from time to time review that policy and recommend any changes to the Mayor;
- The Trails Advisory Commission shall provide initial review of proposed amendments to the comprehensive recreational trail plan and shall make a recommendation to the Planning Commission and Borough Assembly on such proposed amendments.
Meetings are are held at least quarterly on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. This information will be routinely updated to reflect any upcoming meetings.
- The meeting scheduled for Monday, September 26, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. has been CANCELED.
- The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 24, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough is developing a new Recreational Trails Plan that will be the primary decision-making tool guiding FNSB and its partners to prioritize the allocation of available resources to local trails. The Trails Advisory Commission, acting as the project steering committee, hosts public meetings for this planning process and invites the community to participate. For information and updates for the Trail Plan process go to www.FNSBTrailsPlan.com. For more information about the Borough Parks & Recreation Trails Office go to Fairbanks North Star Borough Parks & Recreation: Facility Details (myrec.com)
Citizens' Comments A
Agenda items not scheduled for public hearing
Citizens' Comments B
Items other than those appearing on the agenda
How to Provide Testimony
In-Person or Telephonic Testimony
Once an agenda is published, citizens may sign up to testify in person or telephonically by doing one of the following:
- Calling the Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting;
- Completing the online sign-up form no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting; or
- Signing up in person before the meeting has been called to order.
During the meeting, the Chair will invite citizens to the table or ask the Clerk to call citizens when it is their turn to speak. Please note the following:
- Phone calls to citizens will come from an out-of-state number.
- If a phone call is not answered, the Chair will move to the next citizen who has signed up.
- Testimony will be heard in the order in which citizens have signed up.
- Each citizen will have three minutes to provide testimony.
- Other citizens attending in person may provide comments after those who have signed up.
|Commissioner||Contact Information||Term Expiration|
|David A. Dean||907-378-2971|
|Leslie Kitchin- Chair||907-347-0204|
|Maxwell Plichta - Vice-Chair||847-989-3711|
|Borough Assembly Liaison||Contact Info|
|Kellen Spillman||FNSB Community Planning Director|
|Donnie Hayes||FSNB Parks and Recreation Director|