Change Out Programs
The Borough is currently offering the Wood Stove Change Out Program, the Oil to Gas Conversion Program, and the Bounty Program for properties located in the PM2.5 Nonattainment Area.
For More Information
For more information please email Air Quality at email@example.com or call 907-459-1005.
Funding for the Change Out Programs cannot retroactively reimburse for work that was completed prior to receiving the actual funding. As such, invoices/receipts with dates prior to the initial date of application (and/or receipt of funding source) are NOT eligible for reimbursement.
Funding is limited and is NOT guaranteed unless a purchase order has been issued.
Applications are processed in the order they are received. A scoring process based on overall air quality benefit will determine the priority of fund distributions, and an application may be denied that does not receive a high enough priority score.
The following documents are specific to changing out, repairing, or completely removing a wood, pellet, or coal burning appliance. All appliances installed through these programs must be installed by a Borough Listed Installer (see list below).
- Wood/Pellet/Coal Appliance Change Out Program Application (PDF)
- QUICK GUIDE for Change Out Program
- Borough Listed Installer List (PDF)
- Vendor Direct Payment Form (PDF)
- Bounty Program (PDF)
- SFBA Installation Checklist (PDF)
- Borough Listed Installer Agreement Form (PDF)
Burn Wise Quiz & Videos
- Burn Wise Quiz
- Burn Wise Videos on YouTube
The following documents are specific to changing out or converting a fuel oil burning heating appliance. All appliances installed through this program must be installed by a Borough Listed Installer (see list below).
- I installed my new heating appliance before I knew about the program. Can I still be reimbursed?
- Where is the Borough Air Quality office located?
- I previously applied for one of the Change Out programs but was either denied or did not complete the program. Do I have to re-apply?
- Can I replace my hydronic heater with a more efficient hydronic heater with this program?
- Does my old device have to be destroyed?
- What happens to the old devices?
- Are businesses and rental properties eligible for the program?
- I rent my house. Can I, as the tenant, apply?
- Can I submit my application by fax or email?
- Do you recommend a particular vendor or heating appliance?