Pay Property Tax Online
The Fairbanks North Star Borough provides a variety of payment methods for your Real Property taxes. Payments can be made electronically, in person, or by mail. Please note: have your parcel account number and credit card information ready.
Pay Property Tax Online Using Credit Card or E-Check
A minimum convenience fee of $4.15 for payments of $158 or lower, otherwise a 2.99% convenience fee for payments over $158 will be charged and paid to a third party. The third party processing fee for e-checks is $1.60. Visit the ACI Payments INC website to pay your property tax online using a credit card or e-check.
- General Payment Information
- Fairbanks North Star Borough Website Disclaimer
- Frequently Asked Questions
P.O. Box 71320
Fairbanks, AK 99707
907 Terminal Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Credit Card Payments / E-Check Payments
We are pleased to offer electronic payment by credit card through an agreement with ACI Payments INC, a nationally recognized company servicing state and local governments who choose to offer credit cards and/or e-checks as payment options for local taxes. ACI charges a convenience fee for this service. The Fairbanks North Star Borough does not receive any portion of this fee.
Prior to making a payment via the internet or phone, you will need to verify your property information in advance-i.e., confirm the Parcel Account Number(s) you wish to reference in making your payment. Please note: paying via the internet will take less time and will produce a printable receipt of the transaction.
If you wish to pay by phone, you will need to call 800-272-9829 and enter Jurisdiction Code 1206 when prompted. If you do not have your Property Tax Bill to reference your Parcel Account Number, you can look up the Parcel Account Number at the Property Database Search Pages.
Credit Card Convenience Fee
For credit card transactions a minimum convenience fee of $4.15 for payments of $158 or lower, otherwise a 2.99% convenience fee for payments over $158 will be charged and payable to ACI.
E-Check Convenience Fee
For e-check transactions, a convenience fee of $1.60 will be charged and payable to ACI. E-check payments are not accepted for delinquent taxes.
The information contained herein was current as of the date this website was established. Changes or modifications may have occurred since that date. The user is urged to contact the Treasury/Budget Division at 907-459-1441 to confirm the accuracy of this information.
The Borough does not warrant the accuracy of any information supplied to the user through this website by third parties. Nothing contained in or available through this website should be considered an endorsement of or recommendation by the Fairbanks North Star Borough for any commercial enterprise listed.
In all cases, any information or material provided is governed by the provisions of the Fairbanks North Star Borough Code, which shall control in the event of any inconsistency.
Thank you for visiting the Fairbanks North Star Borough Real Property Tax website. This website is designed to make it easier and more efficient for citizens and businesses to obtain Real Property tax account information and a variety of other information relating to property taxes. As with all online resources, we appreciate that many visitors to our site will be concerned about their privacy. The Fairbanks North Star Borough tax collection office is committed to preserving your privacy when you visit our site.
This policy addresses the collection, security, and access to information that may be obtained through the use of the site maintained by the Fairbanks North Star Borough tax collection office. This policy covers the following topics:
We do not collect any personal information unless you voluntarily provide it. Your choice to not participate in this activity will not impair your ability to browse this website and read or download any general information provided on the site. We do not share, disclose or sell email addresses or phone numbers to other organizations.
Types of private information that are required on the Official Payments Corporation website to make an electronic payment include:
- Your credit card number
- Your mailing address
Other types of private information not shared with the general public might include:
- Your email address
- Your mortgage loan number
How Private Information is used
- Credit Card and/or Bank Account Number and Bank Routing Number - Personal bank account/credit card information is used for making electronic Real Property Tax Payments through the Official Payments Corporation website. Such information is not considered public information; it is not retained by the Fairbanks North Star Borough webmaster.
- Email - If you send an email to us, it will be forwarded to the department appropriate for a response. Email is generally recognized as written communication and thereby considered public record. If a request for public information is submitted to the Fairbanks North Star Borough, most, if not all, of the information contained in the email could be released.
- If you choose to provide personal information about yourself via email, we will use the information only to respond properly to your request or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication. We will not disclose any personal information you decide to provide us unless disclosure is required by the Borough.
- Please also keep in mind that email is not necessarily secure against third party interception. Bank, financial, personal, and private information is not transmitted through the payment confirmation process. If your communication is very sensitive or includes personal information, you may want to contact us by mail or phone instead.
- Forms - If you use one of our forms, your name and comments may be subject to public disclosure. Information provided on such forms is generally considered written communication and may be released subject to guidelines cited in the Borough Code of Ordinances. Phone numbers and email addresses collected through these forms are to be used only by the department employees to respond to your comments.
- Mortgage Loan Number - Your mortgage loan number is provided to the Borough by the Mortgage Company strictly for internal use and is only shared between that Mortgage Company and the Fairbanks North Star Borough.
Types of information on this website that are public information and can be shared with the general public include:
- Delinquent Taxes Owing
- Mailing Address
- Payment History
- Tax Amount
- Taxable Value
- What Amount(s) Were Paid
- Your Real Property Tax Parcel Account Number
- What is real property?
- When should I expect to receive a bill for real property taxes?
- When are real property taxes due?
- What should I do if I do not receive a real property tax bill or if I have lost my bill/notice?
- Can I pay my real property taxes via internet or phone?
- Who do I make my check payable to? What address do I use?
- What are the penalty and interest rates if I do not pay my property taxes timely?
- What is the latest time I can make my payment for real property taxes and still be considered timely?
- What constitutes a valid receipt for payment of my real property taxes?
- If an appeal has been filed but is not finalized by the first and/or second half due date, do the taxes have to be paid?
- Can payments be made on real property taxes after the due dates?
- Can next year's real property taxes be paid?
- If my taxes are over paid how do I receive a refund?
- How do I know if my mortgage company has received the tax information for my account(s)?
- How do I change my mailing address on my account(s)?
- How do I apply for a senior citizen or disabled veteran exemption?
- Are real property taxes billed on a calendar year or some other basis?
- What if you refuse to pay the tax levied?
- What is a lien?
- When will my property be foreclosed on if I am delinquent on my real property taxes?
- How will my account be affected if my check does not clear my bank?
- What should I do if I recently sold my property, but I am still getting the tax bill?
- Why should I pay penalty and interest on a late payment when I never received by tax bill?
- Who do you ask for more information?
Taxes are delinquent if not paid by the due date; envelopes must be postmarked by the United States Post Office on or before the due date to avoid late payment penalty and interest. The Borough does not assume responsibility for the timeliness of postmarks. The confirmation date for payment by credit card must be on or before the due date to avoid penalty and interest. Up to a 5% penalty will be charged on the unpaid balance of each installment if tax is not paid when due. Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% on the unpaid balance of each installment if not paid by the due date.
Real Property tax is payable in full as billed or in installments as billed. Taxes are due and payable as billed even if you have filed an appeal on the assessed value of your property. A refund will be made, if appropriate, after resolution of your appeal.
If your mailing address has changed, please inform the Assessor's Office at 907-459-1428 of the necessary changes.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the taxpayer of responsibility for timely payment nor does it constitute cause for cancellation of penalty, interest or costs in cases of delinquency.
This website reflects the information available in the Borough Real Property tax system as of the most recent update. Any payments made through this website will be reflected within 72 hours (2 to 3 business days) of the date the payment was authorized.